Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mexican cruise!

Well, we are back from out Mexican Cruise! We had an absolute blast and it was hard to come back to the "real world". It started with two fun filled "at sea" days on the cruise ship where we had lots of fun. Wade competed in "fear factor" and got 3rd place. He was pretty proud of his medal! Then we had our first port of call, Puerto Vallarta. Wade, Jennifer, Chet and I all rented an awesome convertable volkswagon and drove around and we found this crazy zoo. It was of course right in the jungle and very primitive. They had quite a few animals and they were all mixed together! They had these baby tigers and panthers that I have a picture posted of that you could pay to hold and have as many pictures with them as you wanted. I was sad, because they had been taken away from their mommas and everything, but I also figured it was a once in a lifetime chance to hold a baby tiger! It was awesome and a little scary. One guy was bitten by the bigger tiger cub, right on the chin! I fortunately, suffered only some minor scratches!!
Our next stop was Mazatlan. We again rented a vehicle, only this time it was a rhino. We decided that we'd just drive around again and see if there was anything fun to do. We stopped a couple of times to take pictures and were immediately surrounded by the poor mexicans selling their bracelets, sunglasses, hats, etc. They were everywhere!!! I always felt bad saying no, but we are poor too man! We saw some guys doing cliff diving and lots of scenery. We ended up about 7-8 miles from the ship when our rhino decided to break down! The rear drive shaft broke and we had to go all the way back in 4 wheel drive! We were just glad it worked well enough to get us back. It was a little tense for a bit though.
The third port was Cabo San Lucas and it was pretty cloudy all day. But we rented a "glass bottom" boat and were taken around to see the famous rock arches and we were able to see some fish and lots of seals. Then we were dropped off at Lover's Beach for two hours and then the boat came and picked us up and took us back to the pier. We did a little shopping (looking) and took one of those bicycle taxis (all 4 of us!) to Cabo Wabo. It wasn't as cool as it had been hyped up to be, but it was still fun to look around.
Our last day of sea was fun, but kinda sad knowing that it was almost over. It was cloudy and windy, but we finally made it into the hot tub! And of course, we ate everything in sight.

It's weird to be home and to not have a buffet waiting for me and then someone to clean it all up! Oh well, It was a great trip and I'm glad we could go.

Today is Wade's Birthday! He is 32 years old! We are having a little party for him tonight, just his family and a couple of his friends. Then I get to go to work. Yeah, real life is dumb!!


Amy said...

Oh my gosh - a baby tiger! I am SO jealous! It sounds like you had a great time on your cruise. I always love reading your posts - glad you're back safe! Love ya!

Hope said...


It was great to hear from you! Isn't blogging great? It's such a fun way to catch up with old friends. Yeah, the reunion was really wonderful. I'm so glad we did it. Sounds like you've married quite the catch and have a very happy life together. That's fantastic!

Keep in touch,

Karin6 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.