Thursday, January 26, 2012

mr crazy pants


Handsome Jericho


My little stinker bug is so adorable and oh so naughty. He learns new things everyday and I'm suprised at how much mischief this little fella can get into or create. He is soooo polite. But, usually not at the right times. He says please and thank you about 10 minutes after he received or asked for something. He does get "sorry" right when you ask him to move or say "excuse me". Sorry, sorry, sorry is what he says over and over when I say excuse me to him. He is very stubborn, and LOVES to say "nope". I heard him say "yes" yesterday and he had the most shocked look on his face as if he couldn't believe he said it either.

Since moving he has had some troubles adjusting to his new surrounding and sleeping in a new room. After a few sleepless nights and lots of tossing and turning on the couch with he and I cramped together...he finally started to go to sleep in his room! It has taken the addition of a tv and dvd player so he can watch Toy Story as he goes to sleep, but it does the trick. Unfortunately, (and Dad is secretly so proud) Jericho has discovered how to climb out of the crib. Huge bummer for this momma. Having him caged has been my lifesaver since I work nights and try to get him to nap during the day. So...we are juggling some things. Jericho wakes up anywhere from 1 am to 5 am crying. I get up, and we go upstairs to lay on the couch and watch TV. Thank you Sesame Street. If momma is at work, daddy gets Jericho situated on the couch and goes back to bed :) When it is nap time...Jericho and I have a rest on "mommas bed" and watch "The Santa Clause". I've discovered that Jericho is a very loud sleeper. Snores (Wade says, "just like his momma") and he sucks his thumb with an incredibly loud suction sound. It's adorable, unless I'm really tired :) I have to admit it has been fun to cuddle with him. He has always slept by himself in his crib since he was 3 months old and it's been a long time since I've been able to cuddle with him while he sleeps.

Potty training is my Everest! I'm afraid we will never get it and Jericho will be a senior in diapers. Right now...that sounds just fine to me.

Wade is doing great in school. He has some incredibly hard classes and has been studying like crazy. He will do great and I'm proud of him.

We are mostly moved. Maybe just a few more trips to the apartment to pick up my straggling items. It's such a crazy hard process, but I am grateful to have a nice, quiet house to live in.

p.s. I hate blogger sometimes. Anyone else have issues uploading pics??

1 comment:

Wade The Rascal said...

We did it! We're all moved, in large part because of you. You're such a hard worker, Hun! I so appreciate everything about you. I love you and will one day start to repay some of the amazing things you've done for me and for Jericho and all of us as a little family. Love you!