Sunday, October 5, 2008

Showers and contractions

Chelsey and I at "our" baby shower on Saturday

Chany, Laurie, and Me at my shower at Noelle's on Wednesday
border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5253880992883923682" />

Cindy and Noelle busily preparing all the YUMMY food!

Me and Linda


So, I look like the most spoiled pregnant lady alive with all these baby showers I've been given, and I am. Noelle gave me a shower last Wednesday for all of my wonderful coworkers at Mtn View ER. It was great. I couldn't believe how much great food there was! Everyone spoiled us rotten and it was super fun. Then Chelsey and I had a shower given by Marie and Grandma DeLowa on Saturday. It was fun to have a shower together and lots of people came to bring us presents and enjoy the yummy chicken salad and Grandma's famous "peach dessert". It was so nice of everyone, as always!

I have been having contractions like crazy. It's getting a little annoying. I know I should be grateful that it's not labor, and yet, how much does my uterus really need to practice??? We are going on 10 weeks of contractions every day, all day long - about 4-5 an hour at least!! On Friday I started having contractions every 2-5 minutes at 10 in the morning. By that night I had no idea what to do, but was worried about poor baby Jericho being stressed. The contractions were pretty strong and just having them so frequently I didn't know what to think. Well, my doctor wasn't on call (of course), but they kept me for a couple of hours to see if I progressed. Of course I contracted every 2 minutes like clock work and I dilated to a 2 and was 75% effaced. But because I wasn't screaming or climbing the walls I was sent home :) The contractions finally slowed around 4 am and I was finally able to sleep for a couple of hours. They have stayed farther apart since, just about every 5-10 minutes now. Great fun. Jericho goes crazy after each one. Poor fella, I think he's getting super sick of being squished all the time. I'm supposed to give Chelsey a baby shower at my house on Tuesday for her friends, and Michelle is giving me a shower on Friday, so if we can make it through this week, we'll be doing good. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

No comments: