Thursday, April 30, 2009

Race for the Cure!



So the annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is coming up. May 9th in Salt Lake City, starting at the Gateway. These pictures are from last year when I ran with mom as I was about 14 weeks pregnant. Yikes, it was a killer :) Anyway, I've done it pretty much every year since about two years before my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. Now that she has been in remission for a few years, it's even more important. The experience is amazing and I would highly recommend it to any and all to try. Everyone from the youngest little baby, to the elderly (but so young at heart), to the patient currently battling the disease are there to walk the 3 miles together. Families, friends, loved ones, care takers. It's pretty awesome. So, if you'd like to come join us, please do. You'll never forget it. www.komenslc.org

3 comments:

Kayla said...

I know this may not be the best way to tell you this, but I don't know your phone number and it seems fitting for this post.

We found out yesterday that my dad has cancer. We thought it was esophageal, but today they looked at some scans and decided it is more likely of his duodenum and colon. He has a colonoscopy in about 6 hours and then more tests on Monday. We're hoping to have all of the results back by Thursday of next week so we can make a game plan.

He's being brave. His exact words (through tears) when he told me and my sister that he was diagnosed was "I'm going to kick it's butt, and I'm going to kick it hard"! Just like him, don't you think?

Anyways, I'm telling you this because I know you love my dad, and I'm asking a favor. We are having a fast on Sunday for my dad, and for the doctors treating him and the tests he's going through etc. We would love if you would join us in fasting. I know it would mean alot to my dad.

If you have any questions etc you can give me a call/text (#722-9492) or you can call/text my dad. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you. I hope things are good with you, and sorry to leave this long personal comment on your blog. I just wanted you to know.

Mike & Michelle said...

First of all, I am crying for Rick! Love that man!

Second, I have been planning for the race for a long time with Mike's fam....Not sure if I will make it. :( Run hard for me if I can't be there!

Third, I LOVE all of the fun pics on your blog! :)

My Life Changing Journey said...

I'll be there running hand in hand for myself, my daughter, my sisters, my mom, my future granddaughters, and my girlfriends. Running hand in hand for a cause and a cure. Hope to see ya there. Lauri